Skip to main content

2020 Albums I've listened to

2020 Albums I've listened to


Here are the new albums I've listened to this year, and my scores out of 10. Scores are average of track ratings out of 10. This list will be updated semi-frequently.

5 Seconds of Summer - CALM (5.8/10)
   Best Track: "Red Desert"

Allie X - Cape God (6.9/10)
   Best Track: "Love Me Wrong"

Birds of Tokyo - Human Design (5.5/10)
   Best Track: "Designed"

Drake - Dark Lane Demo Tapes (5.0/10)
   Best Track: "D4L"

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (8.7/10)
   Best Track: "Physical"

Dune Rats - Hurry Up and Wait (5.2/10)
   Best Track: "No Plans"

Echosmith - Lonely Generation (5.8/10)
   Best Track: "Love You Better"

Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters (7.6/10)
   Best Track: "Heavy Balloon"

Green Day - Father of All... (4.4/10)
   Best Track: "Take The Money and Crawl"

Grimes - Miss Anthropocene (7.9/10)
   Best Track: "So Heavy I Fell Through The Earth"

Grouplove - Healer (5.1/10)
   Best Track: "Deleter"

Halsey - Manic (7.5/10)
   Best Track: "3am"

Justin Bieber - Changes (3.2/10)
   Best Track: "At Least For Now"

Kesha - High Road (4.9/10)
   Best Track: "Chasing Thunder"

Lil Uzi Vert - Eternal Atake (6.1/10)
   Best Track: "Futsal Shuffle 2020"

Northeast Party House - Shelf Life (6.6/10)
   Best Track: "American Diamond"

Ocean Grove - Flip Phone Fantasy (7.0/10)
   Best Track: "THOUSAND GOLDEN PEOPLE"

Overcoats - The Fight (7.0/10)
   Best Track: "Fire & Fury"

Poppy - I Disagree (8.1/10)
   Best Track: "Fill The Crown"

Purity Ring - WOMB (6.5/10)
   Best Track: "vehemence"

Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA (8.6/10)
   Best Track: "Dynasty"

Selena Gomez - Rare (5.7/10)
   Best Track: "Fun"

Soccer Mommy - color theory (8.1/10)
   Best Track: "yellow is the color of her eyes"

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush (8.2/10)
   Best Track: "Posthumous Forgiveness"

The Big Moon - Walking Like We Do (6.9/10)
   Best Track: "Your Light"

The Chats - High Risk Behaviour (5.7/10)
   Best Track: "Pub Feed"

The Kite String Tangle - C()D3X (6.0/10)
   Best Track: "P()L4R"

The Smith Street Band - Don't Waste Your Anger (7.2/10)
   Best Track: "Don't Waste Your Anger"

The Strokes - The New Abnormal (7.9/10)
   Best Track: "Bad Decisions"

The Weeknd - After Hours (8.1/10)
   Best Track: "Blinding Lights"

Violent Soho - Everything Is A-OK (5.9/10)
   Best Track: "Easy"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Songs of the 2010's - Part 1 - #200 to #181

Part 1 - #200 to #181 As the end of the decade draws closer, so does the opportunity to look back at the many memories a person has had in the last ten years of their life. Ten years is a long period of time. You can meet people who change you, go to places you’d never have imagined of going to, and achieve the seemingly impossible. All the while in the outside world, the political climate changes, social attitudes evolve and new technologies are constantly developed. For me, trying to take in and understand of all these things that have happened in a period of time - both personally and in the bigger picture - has always been difficult. But for every year since 2012, I’ve found my own personal way to chronicle these eras of my life through something that means a lot to me - By discussing the music I love. Those of you who know me may know that every December, as a big passion project, I post a list of my personal top 100 songs of the year. But 2019 feels like a special year. It

Album Review: Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (2019)

So if you know me, you'll know that I have a lot of thoughts on music. Like a lot. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I like listening to it. I like keeping up with it. And most of all, I like talking about it. That's why I decided to start this blog. I've never been that much of an album listener, but recently I've been compelled to start listening back to some old albums, and listening to new ones to see what I'm really missing. I've wanted to do an album review for a while now, whether it's revisiting an artist whose singles I've like in the past, or checking out the big new album. I thought, why not start by reviewing one of the most anticipated pop releases of 2019? Here are my quick track-by-track thoughts on the debut album by Billie Eilish, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? After an 11-second intro where Billie proclaims that she has removed her Invisalign, we kick in to the first proper track on the album, “Bad Guy” . It’s g

Album Review: Taylor Swift - Lover (2019)

This Friday afternoon, Taylor Swift released her seventh album, Lover . Whereas Reputation was about Taylor’s search for a genuine connection amidst the trappings of being a celebrity, on Lover , she feels liberated, and happier to be alive and in love. While the two opening singles ( “ME!” & “You Need To Calm Down” ) to this album didn’t set people’s worlds on fire, Lover is a stronger album than those songs would have you believe. Believe it or not, those songs sound much better within the context of the album. The core of this album portrays Taylor as smitten; head over heels in love. When you’re in love, you start to see it in everything. Love is the ups and downs of life ( “Paper Rings” ). Love is the times you share ( “Cruel Summer” ). Love is the places you go ( “Cornelia Street” & “London Boy” ). Love is a religion ( “False God” ). Sonically, Lover has a good measure of slick, upbeat synthpop (in contrast to the overbearing production of Reputation ), courte